May 18, 2009

The Final Feed

My Feed contains my favorite music artists, movies, dramas, stores, websites and tv shows. I love music. When it gets too hard to listen, I turn the music up inside. Music is like my personal therapist. Life's hard but with music, I could survive eachday. Watching movies and dramas is my sweet escape from reality. I could watch and dream about how great the actors/actress's life is or how bad I feel for them. It takes my mind off of how horrible life can get and know that as I sit complaining about my hard knock life, there's others out there whose life is even worse. The stores that are shown are my favorites. Sometimes you can get super cheap stuff that are super cute (: You don't have to spend too much to look good at these stores. From make-up to clothes and from shoes to tweezers. I'm a net surfer. Truthfully, I do absolutely nothing on the net. I don't know why I waste so much time on it though. I'll sit in front of my laptop for hours watching online movies or reading articles. It's such a waste of time but it's so addicting. I'm such a low life. Haha. But I put these on my feed because it's who I am. Or rather it's what makes me who I am.

Technology is everywhere. We see more and more each day. Without technology, the music that I'd be listening to wouldn't sound as cool. Without all these advance technology that people are thinking up everyday, how can we spread messages as soon as something happens? It's good and bad. Depending on how you see it. Technology ruins my eye sight because I sit in front of my lap top for hours but then it helps me by enabling eye doctors to use those big machines to check my eyes and get me glasses(: Yeah, I rely on technology for everything. I think it makes me who I am. I can learn so much more from videos on the net than reading a book about the same topic. Maybe it's because I'm a visual learner. I need to see it and hear it. (Sadly, my imagination doesn't work sometimes.) When we're asked if it molds us or us them, it works both ways. If we as humans didn't invent such things, we wouldn't need to rely on it. If some of us didn't demand for something "better", the rest of us wouldn't need to advance the technology.

I believe that the moral of the story is that if you rely too much on technology use, you'd lose who you are, what you're capable of doing and when you realize all this, it'll be too late. Anderson showed that the characters in "Feed" depends on the feed to chat rather than talking. They don't hold pencils or write because what they need to know is sent directly into their brains. They're capable of holding a pencil, writing and holding a conversation but since they have a feed, they choose to use it. Only when all their skin is falling off, they realized that this is the end and it's too late to change the fact that "Eveything must go." It could also mean that the media will get rid of everything that gets in the way of the feed controlling the minds of everyone. There's that saying that once you get power, you won't stop there. You'd do the unthinkable to keep that power. I feel that the Feed Corporation will stop at nothing to control everyone. To get rid of what we're capable of doing and just consume, consume, consume.

* Erin's Awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment